National Hunt racing is an exciting, complex and altogether fascinating sport. As an owner it is even more intense.
The Mick Fitzgerald Racing Club was launched in the Spring of 2012 to provide an opportunity for lovers of jump racing to become owners in a syndicate with the following key attributes:
- Young (4-6) horses bred to be jumpers, mainly in Ireland and unraced except that they may have shown some ability in a point to point
- Big enough to support the purchase of quality horses but not so large that members lose the thrill of ownership – the first syndicate has three horses and 22 members
- Ambitious for success – a key goal is to have horses good enough to compete at the Cheltenham Festival
- Prudent, efficient and transparent administration – significant sums of money are involved
- Fun is very high on the agenda so racecourse hospitality, stable visits and off-course entertainment are definitely part of the package!
Two of the Club’s first season purchases, Gas Line Boy and Cloud Creeper achieved sufficient success and showed enough promise to retain for the 2013/14 Season. Indeed, up to the time of writing (1st December) both horses have significantly improved their performance and results. In this season the Club is also managing Master Butcher on behalf of The Sophomores, a syndicate in which a number of Club members are involved.
For more details see
The 2013/14 syndicate is fully subscribed but, if you would be interested in joining in the future or if you have any questions at all, please contact:
Jon Holmes 07802 461706 email@example.com
Tim Hailstone 07968 960429 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mick Fitzgerald 07766 017310 email@example.com