National Hunt racing is an exciting, complex and altogether fascinating sport. As an owner it is even more intense.
The Mick Fitzgerald Racing Club was launched in the Spring of 2012 to provide an opportunity for lovers of jump racing to become owners in a syndicate with the following key attributes:
- Young (4-6) horses bred to be jumpers, mainly in Ireland and unraced except that they may have shown some ability in a point to point
- Big enough to support the purchase of quality horses but not so large that members lose the thrill of ownership
- Ambitious for success – a key goal is to have horses good enough to compete at the Cheltenham Festival, and this goal was achieved in March 2014 when Gas Line Boy ran in the Kim Muir
- Prudent, efficient and transparent administration – significant sums of money are involved
- Fun is very high on the agenda so racecourse hospitality, stable visits and off-course entertainment are definitely part of the package!
Two of the Club’s three first season purchases, Gas Line Boy and Cloud Creeper achieved sufficient success and showed enough promise to retain for the 2013/14 Season and both performed well. Between Autumn 2013 and the end of the NH season, these two horses delivered two wins, three seconds and a third and a fourth from 11 runs.
For more details see How does it work?
The 2014/15 syndicate is fully subscribed but, if you would be interested in joining in the future or if you have any questions at all, please contact:
Jon Holmes 07802 461706 email@example.com
Tim Hailstone 07968 960429 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mick Fitzgerald 07766 017310 email@example.com